Sunday 15 July 2012

Sewing box find

vintage craft fair


Where does the time go ? Lots of piecing  of quilt tops together but must make a move on assembling the actual quilts.Went to a vintage and craft fair, and found a wooden concertina style sewing box underneath the stall just waiting to be discovered. Have lined it with pretty green paper, it just needs a couple of missing screws adding, and a little wooden handle. It came complete with lots of old buttons and some threads which I have been able to salvage. I do love a good find !


sewing box as I found it



Another useful find for my sewing bits and pieces was this small set of little drawers, great for spools, buttons and all the, odd things I seem to collect.


found in second hand shop on Anglesey


old letter press for storage

sea glass for my collection



 love to walk along the beaches collecting sea glass and shells.
Another 'find' to store seashells and glass

Back to some quilting. Happy hunting for the things you like to collect !

2 comments:

  1. My Mum used to have a sewing box like that...actually I think she still has it. It was given to her when she was a young girl. They are the greatest for storing all those little things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will look right at home when the shed is complete !

      Delete

I enjoy reading your comments!