Tuesday 15 May 2012

It's been a while !

Hello , it's been rather a while since I last posted !

Trying to make more of an effort with my on line presence, the Autumn has come and gone, and now we're nearly into Summer ,  Well better late than never and  what better place to start than with the holiday in Cornwall last month, down in the Southwest near Pendeen.
We stayed in this lovely miners' cottage located close to the Geevor tin mine, beautiful sea views and rugged coastline.
Here is a picture of the beach at Porthcurno
And another sea view from St. Agnes, Trevanaunce beach  where there is a cosy pub to take shelter.
Lots of walks, pub food, and exhibitions and galleries filled with inspirational works.The old fishing harbour at Newlyn also has the innovative Newlyn Harbour Design Centre filled with lots of beautiful gifts for the home in seaside stripes.I bought some cards by Johanna Roberts including a picture of Mousehole and stargazy pie.





took some pics of the hedgerows for Spring colours with thoughts of  possible quilt colours.
Also bought some materials from a fabrics shop in St.Just to make another quilt. Some of the fabrics were used to make this Spring/Summer quilt which is for sale at my shop at AliceAndFlorence.etsy.com
and AliceAndFlorence.folksy.co.uk


So I will do my best to be a "better blogger " to keep you updated !

2 comments:

  1. This is such a nice post. I can't tell you how much I love this pictures ... takes me to your country. Beautiful.

    Love and Light to all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou so much. I love what you have to say on your blog.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments!