Sunday 29 July 2012

Seaside Themes

Here are some pictures of beach huts at Filey.  The blocks of  blues, creams, sand, greys and and greens giving images for a block design. I quite like the idea of making a quilt involving stripes of fabric, I would consider making it out of up cycled cotton shirts, leaving buttons and button holes scattered about like finds on the beach..

 I can see the quilt in a beach hut just waiting to wrap around your shoulders !


I like the blue hut

Another quilt in progress is a mixture of lines, and groupings as clusters of mussel shells, seaweed etc along with other bits and pieces washed up, which I have made into a sort of log cabin patchwork effect.






Below are some photos that suggest a quilt made of larger blocks with a linear effect with fabric and stitches 












Above photos also include a small kite/balloon display !



Back to the sewing board !


No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading your comments!